How to be an effective caseworker: online
Time & Location
About the Event
Your team can still sign up for our in-person training sessions in the autumn. But, in the meantime, with many people wanting to use their time working from home to improve their skills, why not sign up for our 3-part online training course, How to be an Effective Caseworker?
Being an MP's caseworker is one of the most impactful and rewarding jobs in politics, but there is little formal training available to help caseworkers support constituents. Above all else, caseworkers are the face and voice of the MP they work for and a powerful advocate for the people their boss was elected to represent.
Our expert trainer, Jo White, worked for an MP for 17 years, as a caseworker and office manager. Jo has extensive experience of complex and serious cases, as well as training up various members of parliamentary staff including caseworkers. Since 2012, she has been a local councillor and is currently Deputy Leader with responsibility for Regeneration.
Over three live sessions from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM on Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th and Friday 7th August 2020, Jo will give key insights, and field questions from your team on all elements of casework.
The sessions will cover:
- Managing casework: what to prioritise and why
- What your MP is responsible for – and what they are not
- Working with government agencies and other stakeholders to get results for constituents
- Dealing with constituents in distress
- Liaising with the police, local councils, the charitable sector and other NGOs
- Raising cases with government ministers using the ‘usual channels’
- Highlighting cases in the local media
- Managing stress levels and personal well-being
The entire cost of this course can be reclaimed from the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA), as part of your staff training budget, which has significantly increased this year.
Cost: £300+VAT per head
Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07963503688.
Caseworker Course: online£300+£60 VAT£300+£60 VAT0£0